[egenix-users] mxODBC & Plone 4.1

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Wed Jun 20 01:00:51 CEST 2012

Eric Tyrer wrote:
> I've been following the threads and instructions for using mxODBC adapter with Plone 4.1 and i'm having no luck whatsoever getting the license file to be recognized.
>
> my buildout is here:
>
> http://pastie.org/4116100
>
> python is UCS4
>
>>> %define INSTANCEHOME /usr/local/src/Plone/plone.app.theming/parts/instance
>
>>> %define CLIENTHOME /usr/local/src/Plone/plone.app.theming/var/instance
>
> I think i've followed the directions for using mxODBC with 4.1 fairly well.
>
> when i run my instance in the foreground (./bin/instance fg) i get an error that Zope mxODBC DA cannot find the license file. However, you see that zope is loading mxODBC.
>
> now i've been a registered owner way back in the day and i read that those license files are no longer recognized so i downloaded a trial license and placed that within the root of my buildout directory
>
> http://pastie.org/pastes/4116085
>
> any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Please check that buildout actually copied the license files to the right
directory, which should be one of the directories on the sys.path used
by your Zope installation.

The log dump includes a list of directories on the sys.path and the
directory you've listed in the buildout recipe is not on the path,
so the Zope DA can't find it.

BTW: It's unusual that you don't have $INSTANCEHOME/lib/python
on your sys.path - not exactly sure why that is. Could be because
you're running the instance from inside a source checkout.

Regards,

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jun 19 2012)
2012-07-17: Python Meeting Duesseldorf ...                 28 days to go
2012-07-02: EuroPython 2012, Florence, Italy ...           13 days to go

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/