[egenix-users] mxODBC & Plone 4.1

Eric Tyrer etyrer at york.cuny.edu
Tue Jun 19 20:43:17 CEST 2012

I've been following the threads and instructions for using mxODBC adapter with Plone 4.1 and i'm having no luck whatsoever getting the license file to be recognized.

my buildout is here:

http://pastie.org/4116100

python is UCS4

>> %define INSTANCEHOME /usr/local/src/Plone/plone.app.theming/parts/instance

>> %define CLIENTHOME /usr/local/src/Plone/plone.app.theming/var/instance

I think i've followed the directions for using mxODBC with 4.1 fairly well.

when i run my instance in the foreground (./bin/instance fg) i get an error that Zope mxODBC DA cannot find the license file. However, you see that zope is loading mxODBC.

now i've been a registered owner way back in the day and i read that those license files are no longer recognized so i downloaded a trial license and placed that within the root of my buildout directory

http://pastie.org/pastes/4116085

any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Eric

---------
Eric S. Tyrer II
Associate Director – Web Systems

York College - The City University of New York
http://www.york.cuny.edu
94-20 Guy R. Brewer Blvd.
Academic Core - STE 1H14
Jamaica, NY 11451

http://www.york.cuny.edu/etyrer
etyrer at york.cuny.edu

(P) 718-262-2466
(C) 347-393-6507

I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious. - Albert Einstein