[egenix-users] Script to easily install eGenix PyRun in a target directory

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Mon Aug 6 23:47:25 CEST 2012

Leonardo Santagada wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 4:11 PM, M.-A. Lemburg <mal at egenix.com> wrote:
>> M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

>>> Hmm, looks like bash on Mac OS X doesn't like the redirection
>>> used in the script.
>>>
>>> Thanks for reporting this.
>>
>> This should be fixed now. We've changed the bash 4 style redirection
>> to a bash 3 compatible one.
>>

> it is working now, but pip inside it is not:
>
> testepyrun/bin/pip install cython
> Downloading/unpacking cython
>   Running setup.py egg_info for package cython
>     error: pip-egg-info/Cython.egg-info/PKG-INFO: Permission denied
>     Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info:
>     running egg_info
>
> writing pip-egg-info/Cython.egg-info/PKG-INFO
>
> error: pip-egg-info/Cython.egg-info/PKG-INFO: Permission denied

> Command python setup.py egg_info failed with error code 1 in
> /Users/santagada/build/cython
>
> I think it is trying to install things in the wrong place, though I
> don't know where.

I tried the same on our Mac OS X box and it's working fine.

Cython appears to build its extensions in a build/ dir relative
to the current dir. Perhaps you should try to build Cython
from within the testepyrun dir, so that you can be sure that
you don't run into permission problems ?!

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/