[egenix-users] Script to easily install eGenix PyRun in a target directory

Leonardo Santagada santagada at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 17:30:31 CEST 2012

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 4:11 PM, M.-A. Lemburg <mal at egenix.com> wrote:
> M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>> Leonardo Santagada wrote:
>>> Using a self signed certificate on the downloads site doesn't appear
>>> to be a good idea (at least curl doesn't download the file, and my
>>> browser very annoyingly says that I shouldn't go in), also I think
>>> configuring the server so that browsers automatically download the
>>> file is a better default then showing the contents.
>>>
>>> here is an error trying to use it on osx 10.7:
>>>
>>> ./install-pyrun: line 208: syntax error near unexpected token `>'
>>> ./install-pyrun: line 208: `    $CURL -OSf# $REMOTE_PYRUN_DISTRIBUTION
>>> &>> $LOG_FILE'
>>
>> Hmm, looks like bash on Mac OS X doesn't like the redirection
>> used in the script.
>>
>> Thanks for reporting this.
>
> This should be fixed now. We've changed the bash 4 style redirection
> to a bash 3 compatible one.

it is working now, but pip inside it is not:

testepyrun/bin/pip install cython
Downloading/unpacking cython
  Running setup.py egg_info for package cython
    error: pip-egg-info/Cython.egg-info/PKG-INFO: Permission denied
    Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info:
    running egg_info

writing pip-egg-info/Cython.egg-info/PKG-INFO

error: pip-egg-info/Cython.egg-info/PKG-INFO: Permission denied

Command python setup.py egg_info failed with error code 1 in
/Users/santagada/build/cython

I think it is trying to install things in the wrong place, though I
don't know where.