[egenix-users] Re: Installing using buildout

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Thu May 8 14:18:08 CEST 2008

[CCing egenix-users, since this can be useful for others as well; I've removed
  the license details from the original mail to support]

On 2008-05-08 02:57, Cliff Quinn wrote:
> I'm trying to migrate my original installation of mxODBC (I have a license under x at y.com) to a linux ubuntu6.06 installation of plone 3.1.1 using buildout. I'm not a linux or python pro and I'm trying to understand this.
>

> I have used the instructions at: http://www.egenix.com/mailman-archives/egenix-users/2008-May/114382.html having downloaded the source using svn. I am getting some errors as it compiles like:
>

> mx/UID/mxUID/mxUID.c: In function âmxUID_Verifyâ:
>
> mx/UID/mxUID/mxUID.c:333: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of âsscanfâ differ in signedness
>
> mx/UID/mxUID/mxUID.c: In function âmxUID_Newâ:
>
> mx/UID/mxUID/mxUID.c:462: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of âmxUID_CRC16â differ in signedness

Those are compiler warnings that you can safely ignore.

> While:
>
>   Installing mxodbc.
>
> Error: License key not found: xxxx
>

> I added a file mxodbc-licenses.zip to this buildout as previous error messages seemed to indicate it was need, and I put the original license.py, pyc and .txt in it. I used the license key from the .txt file for the buildout.cfg license line.
 >
> Any thoughts on how this can work? Where should the license be, and what should be in it? Should I not bother with the buildout? Where do the files go if I don't use buildout?

The mxodbc-licenses.zip file needs to be the (renamed) licenses.zip file
that we sent you with the license email.

Those files contain the licenses per CPU each in their own directory
named after the license key.

The recipe will look in that directory and raise an error if it cannot
find it.

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, May 08 2008)