[egenix-users] trying to figure out mx.ODBC buildout recipe

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Sat May 3 11:58:19 CEST 2008

On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 4:21 AM, Eric S Tyrer II <etyrer at york.cuny.edu> wrote:
> I am trying to build mxODBC Zope DA adapter for my Plone 3.1.1 setup with no
> success. I understand (I think) python/buildout so I proceeded with the
> following:
>
> I am using the Plone unified installer (new now uses buildout). Since this
> is a development egg:
>
> I have checked out the trunk to my src directory as
> collective.recipe.mxodbc.
>
> I cd to src/collective.recipe.mxodbc which has setup.py setup.cfg &
> collective folder
>
> I call python at /opt/Plone-3.1/Python-2.4/bin/python setup.py install with
> the following output

You do not need to run setup.py manually, buildout will take care of
this for you because you included src/collective.recipe.mxodbc in the
develop line. You'll now need to add a part that uses the mxodbc
recipe and you'll need to include the resulting location in the
extra-paths option for your zope2instance parts (and optionally for
the zopepy part):

[buildout]
develop =
    src/collective.recipe.mxodbc

parts =
   mxodbc

[mxodbc]
recipe = collective.recipe.mxodbc
license-key = xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

[client1]
recipe = plone.recipe.zope2instance
extra-paths =
    ${mxodbc:location}

[client2]
recipe = plone.recipe.zope2instance
extra-paths =
    ${mxodbc:location}

[zopepy]
recipe = zc.recipe.egg
extra-paths =
    ${zope2:location}/lib/python
    ${mxodbc:location}

Again, there is no need to run the recipe setup.py by hand.

I've corrected the namespace warning in subversion, thanks for
reporting that; the warning was added to setuptools more recently so I
never saw it during development.

--
Martijn Pieters