[egenix-users] Installing mxODBC Zope DA for use in Plone 3.x

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Sat Jun 7 01:14:10 CEST 2008

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 11:29 PM, M.-A. Lemburg <mal at egenix.com> wrote:
> The Zope DA relies on the mx package which must be installed as
> top-level package, so simply removing the lib/python/Products path
> is not really an option, AFAIK. Would love to be proven wrong :-)

Right, I forgot, sorry! You could just unbundle the two and specify
the dependency. :-)

> For the next release we'll ship a version that's easier to install
> and integrates into Plone and other buildout-based setups using
> either a special recipe or as egg - among other enhancements, of
> course.

Make it a Products. egg like current CMF* and CMFPlone practice (see
their respective svn repositories; basically just put it in a Products
directory with setuptools namespace declaration and rigging). You
should be able to provide old-style packagings as well still.

--
Martijn Pieters