[egenix-users] way to prevent floats from truncating to ints?

Andy Altepeter aaltepet at bethel.edu
Wed Apr 16 16:36:22 CEST 2008

Hi,

This response is in reference to this message:
http://lists.egenix.com/mailman-archives/egenix-users/2008-April/114362.html

I've been working with Nathan.  Regarding Marc's suggestion to:
> Please first try with the latest Oracle ODBC driver from the
> Oracle Full Client (not the Oracle Instance Client)

I've downloaded and installed the oracle full client (10.2.0.3) on our RHEL 4
server. I've installed the complete client, even including the instant client
option.  But, I don't see that any ODBC drivers were installed.  I'm not sure
if the unix version of the oracle client even includes ODBC drivers?

We're also using the RHEL 4 rpm for unixodbc, which is unixodbc-2.2.11.

I've tried upgrading from the oracle instantclient 10.2.0.3 rpms to the
11.1.0.6.0 rpms.  The newer version of the instantclient is apparently not
supported by the version of unixodbc we have, I get an error about a certain
function not being found (I don't recall which one it was).

I guess I'm not sure where to go next.

Thanks,
Andy Altepeter
Bethel University