[egenix-users] ANN: pyc2py utility

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Mon Oct 16 19:01:25 CEST 2006

Hello,

until we have a page up for this little tool, I thought I post it
here. The tools helps in situations where you need .py files instead
of .pyc files.

pyc2py - utility to convert PYC files into equivalent PY files

The tools lets you convert any .pyc file into a .py file which
will import just like the .pyc file. The script also supports
glob patterns (even on Windows), so you can do:

    pyc2py.py *.pyc

Imports will run a tad slower, but that shouldn't matter
if you run these files in an application server like Zope.

Download:

    http://www.egenix.com/files/python/pyc2py.py

License:

    eGenix Public License (BSD)

Enjoy,

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Oct 16 2006)