[egenix-users] Help! Zope adapter stoped working after update

Charlie Clark charlie at egenix.com
Wed Feb 2 10:10:14 CET 2005

On 2005-02-02 at 08:51:44 [+0100], robert <robert at redcor.ch> wrote:
> Starting Zope with runzope I get the following:
> ope at izar:~> instances/fha1.5/bin/runzope
> *** Problem importing the eGenix mx Extensions:
>
> Please make sure that you have downloaded and installed
> the right eGenix mxODBC Zope DA version for your version
> of Zope. Zope comes with its own built-in Python interpreter
> and binaries for different versions of the interpreter are
> mutually incompatible.
>
> Your Zope installation is using: Python 2.3.4 (#1, Jul  9 2004, 22:18:51)
> [GCC 3.3.3 (SuSE Linux)]
>
> the version I unpacked is:
> egenix-mxodbc-zopeda-1.0.9.linux-i686-py2.3ucs4.zip

Robert,

you do not need to a separate install of mxCommercial as the mxODBCZopeDA
contains the latest version of mxCommercial which is not availably
separately. You cannot mix and match. From the error message it looks as if
you have incorrectly installed things. Please check that you install
mxODBCZopeDA to the Products folder of the Zope installation and not the
specific Zope instance and that the mx libraries are in the appropriate
path for your Python version.

Hope this helps

Charlie Clark
--