[egenix-users] Help! Zope adapter stoped working after update

robert robert at redcor.ch
Thu Feb 3 15:39:48 CET 2005

Charlie Clark wrote:

>On 2005-02-02 at 08:51:44 [+0100], robert <robert at redcor.ch> wrote:
>

>>Starting Zope with runzope I get the following:
>>ope at izar:~> instances/fha1.5/bin/runzope
>>*** Problem importing the eGenix mx Extensions:
>>
>>Please make sure that you have downloaded and installed
>>the right eGenix mxODBC Zope DA version for your version
>>of Zope. Zope comes with its own built-in Python interpreter
>>and binaries for different versions of the interpreter are
>>mutually incompatible.
>>
>>Your Zope installation is using: Python 2.3.4 (#1, Jul  9 2004, 22:18:51)
>>[GCC 3.3.3 (SuSE Linux)]
>>
>>the version I unpacked is:
>>egenix-mxodbc-zopeda-1.0.9.linux-i686-py2.3ucs4.zip
>>

>Robert,
>
>you do not need to a separate install of mxCommercial as the mxODBCZopeDA
>contains the latest version of mxCommercial which is not availably
>separately. You cannot mix and match. From the error message it looks as if
>you have incorrectly installed things. Please check that you install
>mxODBCZopeDA to the Products folder of the Zope installation and not the
>specific Zope instance and that the mx libraries are in the appropriate
>path for your Python version.
>
>Hope this helps
>
>Charlie Clark

Thanks Charlie,
I "fixed" things by copying the old ZOPE/lib/python/mx folder (old
meaning the one bevor I installed the
egenix-mxodbc-zopeda-1.0.9.linux-i686-py2.3ucs4.zip). I have now the
"new" mxODBCZopeDA with the "old" mx libraries.

I rather have both the same version.

Somehow I have the fealing this is a licence issue???

Robert