[egenix-users] Cygwin mx-commercial-2.0.6, anyone?

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Tue Mar 16 16:18:25 CET 2004

OK, I hope this can be fed forward into 2.1 and onwards. The last time I
worked this out I think it got lost due to a mail glitch, and neither
Marc-Andre nor I could remember how to fix the problem. I finally
dredged up the missing steps, and I have mx-commercial-2.0.6 running on
Cygwin. I'll leave the engineering to more experienced hands.

The clue was remembering Marc-Andre saying he should get rid of the C++.
That's what was required!

Changes:

	<dist>/mxCOMMERCIAL.py:
		Change .cpp file references to refer to .c files
	<dist>/mx/ODBC/Windows:
		Rename .cpp files to .c
		Define min(i,j) function in mxODBC.c (or link to suitable one)

I used:

static
int min(int x, int y)
{
    if (x <= y)
    {
        return x;
    }
    return y;
}

Even *I* know that much C. The build then runs like a dream. I haven't
yet tried rebuilding the same setup on native Windows, so I can't
guarantee I haven't broken that load.

regards
--
Steve Holden                                 http://www.holdenweb.com/