[egenix-users] Problem when accessing connection information.

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Mon Jan 12 16:18:31 CET 2004

Sébastien Walgraffe wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I m working with Zope 2.6.1 (binary release, python 2.1, win32-x86), python
> 2.1.3, win32
>
> And I installed latest version of mxODBC Zope DA 1.0.7 (I copied the content
> of the extract in my product directory, replacing previous files of MXODBC
> Zope DA 1.0.6)
>
> But now, it s impossible to access information when I click on the
> connection object... I get the following error :
>
> Exception Type	KeyError
> Exception Value	connection_info
> Traceback (innermost last):
> * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 98, in publish
> * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
> * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 39, in call_object
> * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 252, in __call__
> * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 283, in _bindAndExec
> * Module App.special_dtml, line 174, in _exec
> KeyError: connection_info
>

> It is like if some attribute was lost during the update...
> Is there something I can do to correct this error?
>
> I can t change parameters or close connection once created, and that s
> really annoying.
>
> Maybe I wrongly installed mxODBC Zope DA and I should remove entirely the
> product to re-install it properly.

When updating the product, you should always copy the license files
from lib/python/mx/ODBC to a safe place and then remove the directories
lib/python/mx and lib/python/Products/mxODBCZopeDA *before* installing
the new version of the product. This is needed to make sure that no
temporary files or byte code files from a previous installation are
left over and mix in with the new files.

After you have uninstalled the product that way, unzip the new
archive and reinstall the license files.

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jan 06 2004)