[egenix-users] RelativeDateTime

Francois Girault francois.girault at clarisys.fr
Wed Jan 14 17:45:14 CET 2004

Hello,

I'm working on an application that make an intensive uses of RelativeDateTime.

I have read the manual and have seen this tragic note :

"Note that dates like Date(1999,1,30) + RelativeDateTime(months=+1) are not supported. The package currently interprets these constructions as Date(1999,2,1) + 30, thus giving the 1999-03-02 which may not be what you'd expect."

well, it's no what i expect :/, especially while manipulating medical related data that *must* be perfectly correct... This is an imperative need for the project I'm working on.

So my question is :

Is there any plan to fix that ? If any, when ?

If not, as a python developper, how can I contribute and add the missing features ?

Or can egenix consulting services do that ? What about the price ?

Another request about RelativeDateTime : adding the __cmp__ method. I think it's easy and useful to add. I can do that if nobody want to (or need to). Are patches welcome to mxBase ?

Regards,

François Girault

Clarisys Informatique - http://www.clarisys.fr