[egenix-users] Python 2.4 versions?

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Fri Dec 31 18:19:28 CET 2004

Steve Holden wrote:
> Michael Hipp wrote:
>
>> Was just wondering how the Python 2.4 versions are coming (esp.
>> mxDateTime)?

These were released a while ago. You can download the 2.4 versions
from our web-site.

> I've just built egenix-mx-base-2.0.6 and egenix-mx-commercial-2.0.7
> using the Microsoft free toolset. I'm quite happy to put the base load
> on my web site until Marc Andre can get it onto egenix, and you can
> verify it's available for me at
>
> http://pydish.holdenweb.com/pwp/egenix-mx-commercial-2.0.7.win32-py2.4.exe
>
> before I advertise its presence.
>
> Due to the licensing conditions I'm a bit less easy about just shoving
> out a copy of the commercial installer, so I'll mail that to Marc Andre
> for inclusion on the Egenix web site.

Thanks, Steve. You were right about the licensing issue: the license
does not allow redistribution of the egenix-mx-commercial package and
this includes putting it on a web-site.

You should simply link to:

http://www.egenix.com/files/python/eGenix-mx-Extensions.html

> The experimental build fails because it needs lib.exe due to a glitch in
> the distutils workaround for the Microsoft toolset. It may take a little
> time for that to come through, as I haven't got it sorted out yet and
> I'm not (officially ...) working for the next few days.

We've also released a build of the egenix-mx-experimental
package for Python 2.4...

I wonder why you didn't get the announcement or see it on our
web-site.

Happy New Year,

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Dec 31 2004)