TR: [egenix-users] SQL Server: Experimental Solution

M.-A. Lemburg mal at lemburg.com
Tue Oct 28 13:39:20 CET 2003

Sébastien Walgraffe wrote:
> Hello
>
> We can t use the solution proposed by nwingfield at che-llp.com. Because we
> call ZSQL from a product and we don t have at this place the REQUEST.
> With the modifications that you planned in Vesrion 1.0.7, do you think that
> it will work if we call ZSQL without REQUEST parameter ?

We'll try to come up with a solution that works without you
having to change the code. Each request or thread will then
(optionally) use just one connection, so you can still benefit
from having multiple requests running parallel, but you don't run
into deadlock problems within one request.

Note that a long running update query can still block other requests.
There's no way around exclusive locks set by the database.

Professional Python Software directly from the Source  (#1, Oct 28 2003)