[egenix-users] problem connecting to mysql

F.Baart at SFK.NL F.Baart at SFK.NL
Wed Oct 29 11:25:47 CET 2003

Dear somebody,

I'm having some problems connecting a windows zope machine to our linux
mysql machine.

I did the following:

I've added a new user  to mysql.
I've added a mysql connection to odbc in the windows configuration panel
(without specifying the username and password).
I've added a egenix mxODBC database connection in Zope.
I specified the connection string as
"DSN=mysql_odbc_connection;UID=user;PWD=password"

When I open the connection it seems like the uid and pwd aren't supplied to
mysql. I get an error that reads:

"""
Connection string: DSN=mysql_odbc_connection;
UID=user;
PWD=password

Connection pool entry: 0

Error message: ('HY000', 1045, "[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Access deni
ed for user: 'ODBC at zopeserver' (Using password: NO)", 7935)
"""

When I use the ZODBC connection and supply "mysql_odbc_connection user
password" it works nicely.
Also when I add the username and password to the mysql connection it works.
But I'd rather supply the username and password in the connection string.
I hope somebody can help me to use the egenix odbc connection to mysql.

Thanks,

Fedor Baart
SFK