[egenix-users] mxDateTime is broke in FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT..

Mezz bsdforums.org reigncracks at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 26 05:01:14 CET 2003

>Mezz bsdforums.org wrote:
>>Hello,
>>
>>I am trying to port Straw (python script), but it doesn't work. I turned
>>everything on the debug mode and found the problem. It was mxDateTime and
>>I have no idea how to solve this problem.
>>
>>Please, check this url for the more details.
>>http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=50262 (shorter detail will be
>>in the bottom of this email.)
>>
>>The version is 2.0.3, but I tried 2.0.4 and still have the same result.
>>
>>FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT has GCC 3.2.2..
>>
>>=============================
<snip>
>>=============================
>>
>>So, if you guys know any of hint to fix it, feel free to send me a patch
>>or update the tarball to download egenix-mx-base. Unless, you have any of
>>plan to update the next version soon, hope you will fix this one too.
>
>It is already fixed in our current beta. The fix is easy:
>simply remove all of the above lines. Note that the problem
>only occurs in Python debug builds. Standard builds work just
>fine.

Remove what? Will this effect on mxDateTime?

I get the same error with or without Python debug, btw. It's reason why I
turn Python debug to find why Straw crashes; it leads me to find mxDateTime
has a problem. At least, it has been fixed in the CVS version as you have
stated. :-)

Umm, do you have any idea when the next version will be release? If you have
no idea, then can you show me what to patch? So, I can add this patch in the
ports tree for a while, until the next version is releasing.

Cheers,
Mezz