[egenix-users] Pooling connections

Jan Murre jan.murre at catalyz.nl
Thu Nov 9 21:02:53 CET 2017

Hi,

We are using mxODBC  with the native Microsoft MS SQL Linux driver (version
13.0) and we are opening and closing a connection for every database call.

This is considered to be  not very efficient, although I am not sure if
mxODBC does some clever pooling of connections or not.

We tried to add pooling at the unixODBC level, according to this:
http://www.unixodbc.org/doc/conn_pool.html

[ODBC]
Pooling=Yes

And in the drivers section:
CPTimeout=120

After that, our connections fail to work with this error:
[unixODBC][Driver Manager]Driver does not support this function

My question is, what is the best way to do connection pooling with mxODBC
and the native Microsoft MS SQL linux driver?

Regards, Jan