[egenix-users] No commit in connection context mgr

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Mon Nov 14 23:01:48 CET 2016

Hi Jan,

we have debugged the problem and indeed found an issue with
the way the .__exit__() methods of connections and cursors
were implemented. This resulted in exceptions unintentionally
being silenced and even tricked our tests into appearing to
work fine.

We will issue a patch level release to address this in mxODBC.
An update for mxODBC Connect will follow as well.

Thanks again for reporting the problem.

Best Regards,

Professional Python Services directly from the Experts (#1, Nov 14 2016)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/
                      http://www.malemburg.com/