[egenix-users] memory leak with large-entry BeeStringDict?

Kingsley Turner kingsley.turner at openfieldcommunications.com
Wed May 25 09:16:17 CEST 2016

On 20/05/16 20:00, Rachel Melamed wrote:
> Hello,
> I am using a BeeStringDict to store data with about 4000 keys, but the values can range up to list of 3 million floats.  When I try to loop through the key-value pairs, it’s clear that there is a memory leak.
> Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Have you tried using a numpy array for the "list of 3 million floats" ?

Can you please explain why you think there is a memory leak.

Maybe reading this would help:
http://chase-seibert.github.io/blog/2013/08/03/diagnosing-memory-leaks-python.html
It has a few suggestions towards the end.

What OS are you running on ?

cheers,
-kt

--