[egenix-users] ANN: eGenix pyOpenSSL Distribution 0.13.11

eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg info at egenix.com
Thu Jul 30 13:54:28 CEST 2015

                   eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution

                            Version 0.13.11

            An easy-to-install and easy-to-use distribution
            of the pyOpenSSL Python interface for OpenSSL -
           available for Windows, Mac OS X and Unix platforms

This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading:

The eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution includes everything you need to
get started with SSL in Python.

It comes with an easy-to-use installer that includes the most recent
OpenSSL library versions in pre-compiled form, making your application
independent of OS provided OpenSSL libraries:

pyOpenSSL is an open-source Python add-on that allows writing SSL/TLS-
aware network applications as well as certificate management tools:

OpenSSL is an open-source implementation of the SSL/TLS protocol:

This new release of the eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution includes the
following updates:

New in OpenSSL

 * Updated included OpenSSL libraries from OpenSSL 1.0.1o to
   1.0.1p. See https://www.openssl.org/news/secadv_20150709.txt ​for a
   complete list of changes. The following fixes are relevant for
   pyOpenSSL applications:

   - CVE-2015-1793: An error in the implementation of the alternative
     certificate chain logic could allow an attacker to use a regular
     server leaf certificate as CA certificate.

Please see the product changelog for the full set of changes.

pyOpenSSL / OpenSSL Binaries Included

In addition to providing sources, we make binaries available that
include both pyOpenSSL and the necessary OpenSSL libraries for all
supported platforms: Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and FreeBSD, for x86 and

To simplify installation, we have uploaded a web installer to PyPI
which will automatically choose the right binary for your platform, so
a simple

    pip install egenix-pyopenssl

will get you the package with OpenSSL libraries installed. Please see
our installation instructions for details:

We have also added .egg-file distribution versions of our eGenix.com
pyOpenSSL Distribution for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X to the
available download options. These make setups using e.g. zc.buildout
and other egg-file based installers a lot easier.

The download archives and instructions for installing the package can
be found at:

Before installing this version of pyOpenSSL, please make sure that
you uninstall any previously installed pyOpenSSL version. Otherwise,
you could end up not using the included OpenSSL libs.

Commercial support for these packages is available from eGenix.com.
Please see

for details about our support offerings.

For more information about the eGenix pyOpenSSL Distribution, licensing
and download instructions, please visit our web-site or write to
sales at egenix.com.

About eGenix (http://www.egenix.com/):

    eGenix is a software project, consulting and product company
    focusing on expert project services and professional quality
    products for companies, Python users and developers.

Marc-Andre Lemburg

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jul 30 2015)