[egenix-users] Make mxODBC Zope DA pip installable ?

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Fri Aug 28 12:58:01 CEST 2015

We're currently preparing the 2.2.3 release of the mxODBC Zope DA and
were wondering whether it would be useful to have pip install work
with the product.

Since Zope and Plone both use zc.buildout which builds on egg files,
this would likely not bring about any advantages, but perhaps some
of you are using pip and a requirements.txt file instead for
Zope/Plone installations.

To support pip (which doesn't support egg files), we'd have to
additionally build prebuilt distribution files which pip can
install and upload a web installer to PyPI.

Would be great if you could give us some feedback on this.

Thanks,

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Aug 28 2015)
2015-08-27: Released eGenix mx Base 3.2.9 ...     http://egenix.com/go83
2015-08-19: Released mxODBC 3.3.5 ...             http://egenix.com/go82

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/