[egenix-users] ANN: eGenix pyOpenSSL Distribution

eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg info at egenix.com
Mon Jun 9 14:55:16 CEST 2014

                   eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution

             An easy-to-install and easy-to-use distribution
             of the pyOpenSSL Python interface for OpenSSL -
            available for Windows, Mac OS X and Unix platforms

This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading:

The eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution includes everything you need to
get started with SSL in Python.

It comes with an easy-to-use installer that includes the most recent
OpenSSL library versions in pre-compiled form, making your application
independent of OS provided OpenSSL libraries:

pyOpenSSL is an open-source Python add-on that allows writing SSL/TLS-
aware network applications as well as certificate management tools:

OpenSSL is an open-source implementation of the SSL/TLS protocol:

This new release of the eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution updates the
included OpenSSL version to the latest OpenSSL 1.0.1h version and adds
a few more context options:

New in OpenSSL

 * Updated included OpenSSL libraries from OpenSSL to 1.0.1h. See
   http://www.openssl.org/news/secadv_20140605.txt for a complete list
   of changes, most important:

   - CVE-2014-0224: An attacker can force the use of weak keying
     material in OpenSSL SSL/TLS clients and servers. This can be
     exploited by a Man-in-the-middle (MITM) attack where the attacker
     can decrypt and modify traffic from the attacked client and

   - CVE-2014-0221: By sending an invalid DTLS handshake to an OpenSSL
     DTLS client the code can be made to recurse eventually crashing
     in a DoS attack. Only applications using OpenSSL as a DTLS client
     are affected.

   - CVE-2014-3470: OpenSSL TLS clients enabling anonymous ECDH
     ciphersuites are subject to a DoS attack.

New in pyOpenSSL

 * Added the following new options for context.set_options():

 * Documented all supported context.set_options() options (to the
   extent possible using the OpenSSL documentation itself).

pyOpenSSL / OpenSSL Binaries Included

In addition to providing sources, we make binaries available that
include both pyOpenSSL and the necessary OpenSSL libraries for all
supported platforms: Windows x86 and x64, Linux x86 and x64, Mac OS X
PPC, x86 and x64.

We've also added egg-file distribution versions of our eGenix.com
pyOpenSSL Distribution for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X to the
available download options. These make setups using e.g. zc.buildout
and other egg-file based installers a lot easier.

The download archives and instructions for installing the package can
be found at:

Before installing this version of pyOpenSSL, please make sure that
you uninstall any previously installed pyOpenSSL version. Otherwise,
you could end up not using the included OpenSSL libs.

Commercial support for these packages is available from eGenix.com.
Please see

for details about our support offerings.

For more information about the eGenix pyOpenSSL Distribution, licensing
and download instructions, please visit our web-site or write to
sales at egenix.com.

Marc-Andre Lemburg

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jun 09 2014)
2014-05-28: Released mxODBC.Connect 2.1.0 ...     http://egenix.com/go56
2014-07-02: Python Meeting Duesseldorf ...                 23 days to go