[egenix-users] eGenix Threadlock Distribution now also with FreeBSD and Mac OS X egg files

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Mon Dec 8 16:40:15 CET 2014

Dear Users,

a while ago, we released binary packages for the ThreadLock package
dependency of mxODBC Zope DA:

http://www.egenix.com/company/news/eGenix-ThreadLock-Distribution-2.13.0.1.html

We have now added egg files for FreeBSD and Mac OS X as well:

 * for UCS2 Python versions:
   https://downloads.egenix.com/python/index/ucs2/

 * for UCS4 Python versions:
   https://downloads.egenix.com/python/index/ucs4/

Please note that zc.buildout will most likely not automatically
find these egg files on FreeBSD and Mac OS X. The reason is that
setuptools doesn't really support these platforms too well and
uses file names which greatly depend on the platform and used
compilers.

To work around this, you need to copy the package egg files to a
local directory, rename them to what setuptools uses on
your FreeBSD/Mac OS X platform as egg file name and then point
zc.buildout at your local directory.

We are checking whether we can use our web installer to work
around this manual step.

Thanks,

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Dec 08 2014)
2014-12-02: Released mxODBC Connect 2.1.2 ...     http://egenix.com/go66

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/