[egenix-users] ANN: eGenix pyOpenSSL Distribution

eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg info at egenix.com
Thu Apr 10 23:44:35 CEST 2014

                   eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution

             An easy-to-install and easy-to-use distribution
             of the pyOpenSSL Python interface for OpenSSL -
            available for Windows, Mac OS X and Unix platforms

This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading:

The eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution includes everything you need to
get started with SSL in Python.

It comes with an easy-to-use installer that includes the most recent
OpenSSL library versions in pre-compiled form, making your application
independent of OS provided OpenSSL libraries:

pyOpenSSL is an open-source Python add-on that allows writing SSL/TLS-
aware network applications as well as certificate management tools:

OpenSSL is an open-source implementation of the SSL/TLS protocol:

This new release of the eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution updates only
the included OpenSSL version to address a serious bug in
OpenSSL 1.0.1 versions:

New in OpenSSL

 * Updated included OpenSSL libraries from OpenSSL 1.0.1e to
   1.0.1f. See http://www.openssl.org/news/news.html and
   http://www.openssl.org/news/vulnerabilities.html for a complete
   list of changes, most important:

   - CVE-2014-0160 ("Heartbleed Bug"): A missing bounds check in the
     handling of the TLS heartbeat extension can be used to reveal
     up to 64kB of memory to a connected client or server. This issue
     did not affect versions of OpenSSL prior to 1.0.1. For information,
     also have a look at the Heartbeet Bug website:

As always, we provide binaries that include both pyOpenSSL and the
necessary OpenSSL libraries for all supported platforms:
Windows x86 and x64, Linux x86 and x64, Mac OS X PPC, x86 and x64.

We've also added egg-file distribution versions of our eGenix.com
pyOpenSSL Distribution for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X to the
available download options. These make setups using e.g. zc.buildout
and other egg-file based installers a lot easier.

The download archives and instructions for installing the package can
be found at:

Before installing this version of pyOpenSSL, please make sure that
you uninstall any previously installed pyOpenSSL version. Otherwise,
you could end up not using the included OpenSSL libs.

Commercial support for these packages is available from eGenix.com.
Please see

for details about our support offerings.

For more information about the eGenix pyOpenSSL Distribution, licensing
and download instructions, please visit our web-site or write to
sales at egenix.com.

Marc-Andre Lemburg