[egenix-users] InterfaceError: mxODBCursor_FetchMany called, but vars not set

Nico Grubert nicogrubert at yahoo.de
Thu Nov 7 16:13:52 CET 2013

Hi there

I am trying to get the egenix mxODBC Zope Database adapeter running.

I manage to add a "eGenix mxODBC Database Connection" in Zope and can connect to my ODBC data source successfully.
When querying the ODBC data source with a simple [ select anycolumn from mytable ] I get the following error:

   mx.ODBC.Error.InterfaceError: mxODBCursor_FetchMany called, but vars not set

From the command line I can use "isql" to query the ODBC data source without any problem and get the SQL results.

My setup:
CentOS 6

Python 2.4.6
Zope 2.10.13
egenix-mxodbc-zopeda-1.0.10.linux-x86_64-py2.4_ucs2

Unfortunately I cannot update Python and Zope at the moment because on my Zope instance there are some applications running which require Python 2.4.6 and Zope 2.10.13.

Any tips are much appreciated.

Regards
Nico