[egenix-users] InterfaceError: mxODBCursor_FetchMany called, but vars not set

Nico Grubert nicogrubert at yahoo.de
Thu Nov 7 16:13:52 CET 2013

Hi there

I am trying to get the egenix mxODBC Zope Database adapeter running.

I manage to add a "eGenix mxODBC Database Connection" in Zope and can connect to my ODBC data source successfully.
When querying the ODBC data source with a simple [ select anycolumn from mytable ] I get the following error:

   mx.ODBC.Error.InterfaceError: mxODBCursor_FetchMany called, but vars not set

From the command line I can use "isql" to query the ODBC data source without any problem and get the SQL results.

My setup:
CentOS 6

Python 2.4.6
Zope 2.10.13

Unfortunately I cannot update Python and Zope at the moment because on my Zope instance there are some applications running which require Python 2.4.6 and Zope 2.10.13.

Any tips are much appreciated.