[egenix-users] mxODBC and mxODBC Zope DA with Python 2.7.4

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Thu May 2 11:58:46 CEST 2013

Dear Users,

we have noticed that the problem which causes a segfault at
Python 2.7.4 finalization time when using mxURL from egenix-mx-base
also affects mxODBC and the Zope DA which uses mxODBC.

The regression was introduced in Python 2.7.4 and will be fixed
again in 2.7.5 (see http://bugs.python.org/issue17703).
Python 2.7.3 and all other earlier Python versions do not have
this problem.

We will issue patch level releases for both products next
week to address the issue by adding a work-around.

Please note that the segfault does not have any effect on the
application that is running in Python. The problem occurs in the
cleanup routine used by mxODBC during interpreter finalization,
i.e. after most of the Python has already been shut down.

Regards,

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, May 02 2013)
2013-04-30: Released eGenix PyRun 1.2.0 ...       http://egenix.com/go44

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/