[egenix-users] ANN: eGenix mx Base Distribution 3.2.3 (mxDateTime, mxTextTools, etc.)

eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg info at egenix.com
Mon Feb 6 14:46:39 CET 2012

ANNOUNCING

                   eGenix.com mx Base Distribution

                  Version 3.2.3 for Python 2.4 - 2.7

               Open Source Python extensions providing
                     important and useful services
                        for Python programmers.

This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading:
http://www.egenix.com/company/news/eGenix-mx-Base-Distribution-3.2.3-GA.html

ABOUT

The eGenix.com mx Base Distribution for Python is a collection of
professional quality software tools which enhance Python's usability
in many important areas such as fast text searching, date/time
processing and high speed data types.

The tools have a proven record of being portable across many Unix and
Windows platforms. You can write applications which use the tools on
Windows and then run them on Unix platforms without change due to the
consistent platform independent interfaces.

Contents of the distribution:

 * mxDateTime - Easy to use Date/Time Library for Python
 * mxTextTools - Fast Text Parsing and Processing Tools for Python
 * mxProxy - Object Access Control for Python
 * mxBeeBase - On-disk B+Tree Based Database Kit for Python
 * mxURL - Flexible URL Data-Type for Python
 * mxUID - Fast Universal Identifiers for Python
 * mxStack - Fast and Memory-Efficient Stack Type for Python
 * mxQueue - Fast and Memory-Efficient Queue Type for Python
 * mxTools - Fast Everyday Helpers for Python

The package also include a number of helpful smaller modules in the
mx.Misc subpackage, such as mx.Misc.ConfigFile for config file parsing
or mx.Misc.CommandLine to quickly write command line applications in
Python.

All available packages have proven their stability and usefulness in
many mission critical applications and various commercial settings all
around the world.

For more information, please see the distribution page:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxBase/

NEWS

The 3.2.3 release of the eGenix mx Base Distribution is the latest
release of our open-source Python extensions.

The new patch-level version includes a few important fixes:

 * Fixed a possible segfault when using the .pydate(), .pydatetime()
   and .pytime() methods. Thanks to Daniel Szoska for reporting this.

If you are upgrading from eGenix mx Base 3.1.x, please also see the
eGenix mx Base Distribution 3.2.0 release notes for details on what
has changed and which new features are available:

http://www.egenix.com/company/news/eGenix-mx-Base-Distribution-3.2.0-GA.html

As always, we are providing pre-built binaries for all common
platforms: Windows 32/64-bit, Linux 32/64-bit, FreeBSD 32/64-bit, Mac
OS X 32/64-bit. Source code archives are available for installation on
all other Python platforms, such as Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, etc.

To simplify installation in Zope/Plone and other egg-based systems, we
have also precompiled egg distributions for all platforms. These are
available on our own PyPI-style index server for easy and automatic
download.

Whether you are using a pre-built package or the source distribution,
installation is a simple "python setup.py install" command in all
cases. The only difference is that the pre-built packages do not
require a compiler or the Python development packages to be installed.

For a full list of changes, please refer to the eGenix mx Base Distribution
change log at

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxBase/changelog.html

and the change logs of the various included Python packages.

DOWNLOADS

The download archives and instructions for installing the packages can
be found on the eGenix mx Base Distribution page:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxBase/

LICENSE

The eGenix mx Base package is distributed under the eGenix.com Public
License 1.1.0 which is an Open Source license similar to the Python
license. You can use the packages in both commercial and non-commercial
settings without fee or charge.

The package comes with full source code

SUPPORT

Commercial support for this product is available from eGenix.com.
Please see

    http://www.egenix.com/services/support/

for details about our support offerings.

Enjoy,

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Feb 06 2012)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/