[egenix-users] ANN: eGenix pyOpenSSL Distribution 0.13.0-1.0.1c

eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg info at egenix.com
Wed Dec 5 09:52:15 CET 2012

                   eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution

                         Version 0.13.0-1.0.1c

             An easy-to-install and easy-to-use distribution
             of the pyOpenSSL Python interface for OpenSSL -
            available for Windows, Mac OS X and Unix platforms

This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading:

The eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution includes everything you need to
get started with SSL in Python.

It comes with an easy-to-use installer that includes the most recent
OpenSSL library versions in pre-compiled form, making your application
independent of OS provided OpenSSL libraries:

pyOpenSSL is an open-source Python add-on that allows writing SSL/TLS-
aware network applications as well as certificate management tools:

OpenSSL is an open-source implementation of the SSL/TLS protocol:

This new release of the eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution updates the
included OpenSSL version to 1.0.1c.

New features in OpenSSL 1.0.1c since 1.0.0j

OpenSSL 1.0.1c includes several new features:

 * TLS/DTLS heartbeat support

 * Next Protocol Negotiation

 * Support TLS v1.2 and TLS v1.1

as well as several other new features:

fixes vulnerabilities relative to 1.0.0j:

and includes a number of stability enhancements as well as extra
protection against attacks:

New features in the eGenix pyOpenSSL Distribution

 * Added the openssl binary to the OpenSSL package directory. This can
   be used to access OpenSSL functionality not exposed by pyOpenSSL.

 * Changed the Windows OPENSSLDIR default to c:\openssl\ to simplify
   OpenSSL configuration.

 * Fixed OpenSSL assembler build issues on Windows x64 and Mac OS X

As always, we provide binaries that include both pyOpenSSL and the
necessary OpenSSL libraries for all supported platforms:
Windows x86 and x64, Linux x86 and x64, Mac OS X PPC, x86 and x64.

We've also added egg-file distribution versions of our eGenix.com
pyOpenSSL Distribution for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X to the
available download options. These make setups using e.g. zc.buildout
and other egg-file based installers a lot easier.

The download archives and instructions for installing the package can
be found at:

Before installing this version of pyOpenSSL, please make sure that
you uninstall any previously installed pyOpenSSL version. Otherwise,
you could end up not using the included OpenSSL libs.

Commercial support for these packages is available from eGenix.com.
Please see

for details about our support offerings.

For more information about the eGenix pyOpenSSL Distributon, licensing
and download instructions, please visit our web-site or write to
sales at egenix.com.

Marc-Andre Lemburg

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Dec 05 2012)
2012-11-28: Released eGenix mx Base 3.2.5 ...     http://egenix.com/go36
2013-01-22: Python Meeting Duesseldorf ...                 48 days to go