[egenix-users] Error compiling egenix-mx-base (again)

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Fri Aug 3 23:14:27 CEST 2012

Leonardo Santagada wrote:
> other extensions like cython, pillow, simplejson and others that have
> C modules all compile just fine, is this going to be fixed or should I
> try installing python from homebrew?

As far as I can see, there will be some minimal backport for Python 2.7.

You could try this approach first (i.e. set some environment variables
to point distutils to clang):

http://bugs.python.org/issue13590#msg152803

If that fails, I'd suggest to try a fresh Python compiled from source
with the tools you have in your Xcode version.