[egenix-users] Error installing mxbase on ubuntu 12.04

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Fri Apr 20 00:04:47 CEST 2012

Leonardo Santagada wrote:
> python 2.7.3 on ubuntu 12.04 beta2.

The traceback looks like you don't have distutils installed or only
part of it.

Try to do an "import distutils" or "import distutils.ccompiler" from
the Python prompt.

> $ pip install egenix-mx-base
> Downloading/unpacking egenix-mx-base
>  Running setup.py egg_info for package egenix-mx-base
>    Traceback (most recent call last):
>      File "<string>", line 14, in <module>
>      File "/home/santagada/.virtualenvs/oerp/build/egenix-mx-base/setup.py",
> line 9, in <module>
>        import egenix_mx_base
>      File "egenix_mx_base.py", line 11, in <module>
>        from mxSetup import mx_Extension, mx_version
>      File "mxSetup.py", line 318, in <module>
>        from distutils.ccompiler import customize_compiler
>    ImportError: cannot import name customize_compiler
>    Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info:
>    Traceback (most recent call last):
>
>  File "<string>", line 14, in <module>
>
>  File "/home/santagada/.virtualenvs/oerp/build/egenix-mx-base/setup.py",
> line 9, in <module>
>
>    import egenix_mx_base
>
>  File "egenix_mx_base.py", line 11, in <module>
>
>    from mxSetup import mx_Extension, mx_version
>
>  File "mxSetup.py", line 318, in <module>
>
>    from distutils.ccompiler import customize_compiler
>
> ImportError: cannot import name customize_compiler

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Apr 19 2012)
2012-04-28: PythonCamp 2012, Cologne, Germany               9 days to go

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/