[egenix-users] Changes in the mxDateTime 3.2.0 C API

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Tue May 24 15:33:59 CEST 2011

Dear Users,

with the new release of mxDateTime we have fixed an oversight in the
mxDateTime C API: the year in DateTime_FromDateAndTime() was declared
as int in previous versions, even though mxDateTime uses longs internally.

We have fixed this API to work with longs and also added
a new API in 3.2.0.

This was an incompatible change and to avoid existing applications
using the changed API without having been updated, we decided to
add a version number to the mxDateTime API object.

This is now called "mx.DateTime.mxDateTimeAPI2" instead of
"mx.DateTime.mxDateTimeAPI" as in previous versions.

If you get attribute errors related to this, you will immediately
know that the application will have to be recompiled in order
to use mxDateTime 3.2.0.

Likewise, new applications compiled against 3.2.0 won't work with
older mxDateTime 3.1.3 installations for the same reason.

If this proves to cause too much trouble for you, we can add
back the old API using the old API object name again in a
subsequent 3.2.1 release.

Please let us know.

Thanks,

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, May 24 2011)
2011-06-20: EuroPython 2011, Florence, Italy               27 days to go

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/