[egenix-users] mxODBC Zope DA connecting to Oracle seg faults

Mathias Gibbens mathias-gibbens at bethel.edu
Tue Mar 8 16:40:23 CET 2011

Hello,

  We're experiencing problems running Zope 2.11.6 with the mxODBC Zope
DA 2.0.1 when we try to connect to our Oracle 10gR2 database.
Immediately upon trying to connect, Zope seg faults and produces a core
dump. However, this didn't used to happen, but has begun to affect two
of our developers and one of our development servers. Other developers
and servers are unaffected.

  I have tried to use gdb to get a useful backtrace, but it has not
produced anything useful, since there aren't debugging symbols.

  We are able to connect to a MySQL database without any problems.

  Our production and development servers are configured identically and
run RHEL5, while our developers use a couple versions of Linux.

  We would appreciate any pointers on resolving this problem. If any
additional information is needed, please let me know.

Thanks,
Mathias

----------

Base information:

[~]$ rpm -qa python oracle-instantclient-basic unixODBC
unixODBC-2.2.11-7.1
python-2.4.3-43.el5
oracle-instantclient-basic-10.2.0.3-1

[~]$ cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.6 (Tikanga)

Zope log:

2011-03-08 16:18:48 INFO root eGenix mxODBC Zope DA: Problem
establishing pooled DatabaseConnection 0 for
<Products.mxODBCZopeDA.ZopeDA.ZopeConnection "DSN=XXXXXX" thread
-1235223664, 0 connections, oid '\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x10\xeb\xc2' at
0xb07396c>: ('08003', 0, '[unixODBC][Driver Manager]Connnection does not
exist', 10039)
Segmentation fault (core dumped)