[egenix-users] mxDateTime on pyPgSQL/PostgreSQL applies timezone?

Kingsley Turner kingsley.turner at openfieldcommunications.com
Thu Jan 13 09:15:51 CET 2011

Hi,

I'm confused as to what's going on with a PostgreSQL "timestamp" type
converted back to string.

Selecting my timestamp field from PostgreSQL via psql gives:

    2011-01-12 21:54:11

Yet in my code, when I str() or mx.DateTime.ISO.strUTC() the mx.DateTime
representation of the field returned by pyPgSQL, I get

    2011-01-13 08:01:04.00
    2011-01-13 08:54:11+0000

I'm currently in UTC+11 (10+summer)

Any suggestions as to what might be happening here?

When I first connect to PostgreSQL, I always SET TIMEZONE UTC.

cheers,
-Kingsley