[egenix-users] Problem with mxodbc 3.1 and Sybase 15.5

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Wed Jan 5 01:05:30 CET 2011

Dale Arntson wrote:
> The odbc trace log is attached.

Thanks. It appears that the Sybase ODBC driver doesn't like the
fact that mxODBC always binds None (NULL) values using SQL_CHAR -
since the data type doesn't matter when passing in NULL values.
This is in line with the ODBC standard and works well with
all other ODBC drivers being used with mxODBC.

No idea why the error message says "Implicit conversion from datatype 'CHAR' to 'SMALLINT' is not
allowed.".

We already have a whole set of work-arounds for the Sybase
driver in mxODBC, so I suppose we'll have to find yet another
one for this particular quirk of the driver...

Regarding the other error message "The parameter of type 61 did not have a valid value."
I can't really say what's wrong here, since ODBC doesn't have a
type code 61 and the log doesn't show such a code being used either.

> Thanks,
>
> -dale
>
> On 1/4/2011 3:54 PM, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>> Hi Dale,
>>
>> could you try enabling the ODBC tracing function in the Windows
>> ODBC manager and send us the ODBC log ?
>>
>> Here's the documentation on how to enable tracing in the
>> MS ODBC Manager:
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/274551
>>
>> If standard tracing doesn't work, you could try the
>> Visual Studio Analyzer:
>>
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa234848.aspx
>>
>> Thanks,

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jan 05 2011)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/