[egenix-users] Re: mx.DateTime 3.2.x and numpy

V vovansim at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 16:52:19 CET 2011

Jim Vickroy <jim.vickroy at ...> writes:
> For what it is worth, as a mere "lurker" on this list,
> that is an error in the numpy implementation, and should be reported.
> My search attempts to find information on a justification for this
> behavior are so far unsuccessful.

Hi, Jim,

According to numpy documentation, this is not in fact a bug,
but desired behavior. Check out this link:

And specifically the relevant part of the documentation says:

Conversion; the operations complex, int, long, float, oct, and hex.
They work only on arrays that have one element in them and return
the appropriate scalar.