[egenix-users] mx.DateTime 3.2.x and numpy

Christian Marquardt christian at marquardt.sc
Mon Dec 12 22:21:38 CET 2011

Marc-Andre,

thank you for the quick response!

----- "M.-A. Lemburg" <mal at egenix.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure it's a bug. In mxDateTime 3.2 we replaced the old
> coercion hack we'd been using in the days before our coercion
> patches got integrated into Python, with the new methods.
>
> Since the error is created by numpy, it looks like numpy is not
> aware of the change. If there's something we can do to help,
> let me know.

I don't know much about the python core, so please apologize if my
question is stupid - I just try to obtain some basic understanding
so that I can follow this up further (if need be, with the numpy
people). When talking about your coercion patches, are you talking
about PEP 208? Didn't that go in in Python 2.1?

Besides, I believe numpy has its own coercion system...

Many thanks,

   Christian.