[egenix-users] No module named threadlock?

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Tue Aug 30 22:57:38 CEST 2011

Cliff Quinn wrote:

>> The error indicates that you are running a UCS2 Python version.
>>
>> Unless you have configured Plone to use an already installed
>> Python during installation, Plone will build a private copy which
>> uses the Python default setting of UCS2.
>>
>> You can either reinstall Plone to use your system Python
>> version or install the UCS2 version of the Zope DA.
>>

> [Cliff Quinn]
>
> I tried changing the find-links section to
> find-links =
> http://downloads.egenix.com/python/index/ucs2/
>
> but I still get the same error:
>
> ImportError:
> /usr/local/Plone/buildout-cache/eggs/egenix_mxodbc_zopeda-2.0.1-py2.6-li
> nux-x86_64.egg/Products/mxODBCZopeDA/mx/TextTools/mxTextTools/mxTextTool
> s.so: undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS4_FromEncodedObject
>
> Is there a way to get the UCS2 version using the version section?

No. The problem you are hitting is setuptools being ignorant about
the fact that Python can be built as UCS2 or UCS4 version. Both
egg files have the same names - which is why we had to setup
separate indexes for UCS2 and UCS4.

Now, since you've already had the egg installed as UCS4 version,
the egg file will be in your buildout egg cache and doesn't get
downloaded again. Instead, buildout will happily use the UCS4
version, thinking it is the right one.

Please clear out the egg file from the cache and retry.

Hope that helps,

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Aug 30 2011)
2011-10-04: PyCon DE 2011, Leipzig, Germany                35 days to go

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/