[egenix-users] mxODBC Zope DA: pinning the 2.0 version

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Fri Apr 29 18:23:53 CEST 2011

Dear Users of our mxODBC Zope DA,

we are currently working on the release 2.1 of the Zope DA which will
update the included mxODBC from version 3.0 to 3.2 and thus make it
compatible with current versions of DB ODBC drivers as well as add
support for Netezza, Terradata and the DataDirect ODBC manager.

It will also switch over to unixODBC 2.3.0 on Unix, which is
esp. important for 64-bit platforms, since EasySoft changed an
internal data type.

Since most of you are using zc.buildout for installing the Zope DA,
it is important to pin down the latest version of the mxODBC Zope DA 2.0
which is "2.0.1" in your [versions] section or versions.cfg file
of the buildout setup.

If you don't have an entry for egenix-mxodbc-zopeda (the egg package
name of the Zope DA), please add a line as follows:

egenix-mxodbc-zopeda = 2.0.1

Not doing to would otherwise cause zc.buildout to pick up the new
2.1.0 version once we release it, causing the product to fail due
to the installed license being incompatible with new version.

We don't have a definite release date yet, but the release should
be ready in about 2-3 weeks.

Thanks,

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Apr 29 2011)
2011-06-20: EuroPython 2011, Florence, Italy               52 days to go

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/