[egenix-users] Problem with mxodbc 3.1 and Sybase 15.5

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Wed Apr 20 14:40:11 CEST 2011

Just to give our users an update:

We have been working with Dale to reproduce the problem he
was seeing with passing NULL values to the Sybase database,
but were not able to reproduce the exact same problem.

What we did find was that the Sybase ODBC driver for Linux x64
is broken in that it sends garbage to the database when
inserting a NULL value. This is most likely due to a 64-bit
related bug in the driver.

We were so far not able to find a work-around for this driver
bug. The driver simply ignores the ODBC setting for NULLs
on 64-bit platforms and copies over the data from an
uninitialized buffer.

On Linux x86 and Windows x86, the Sybase ODBC driver version
15.5.0.1022 (which is included in the EBFs 18373, 18374, 18375
and 18380 for Sybase ASE 15.5) works fine with NULLs.

Regards,

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Apr 20 2011)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/