[egenix-users] Problem with mxodbc 3.1 and Sybase 15.5

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Sat Apr 2 03:18:49 CEST 2011

Hi Dale,

just to keep you updated: we've been trying several different
work-arounds to resolve the problem, but none of them have been
successful yet - the Sybase ODBC driver keeps returning error
messages, or worse, inserts garbled data into the columns
that are to receive a NULL value.

It may indeed be better to wait for Sybase to fix their driver
instead of coming up with some work-around that may well cause
problems with future versions of their driver.

Alternatively, please try one of the other available ODBC drivers
for Sybase, e.g. the EasySoft one for Unix or the drivers from
DataDirect or OpenLink. Even the FreeTDS ODBC driver could be used -
it is not as robust as the other drivers and doesn't handle Unicode,
but it's still worth a try.

In any case, we'll keep trying to find a work-around and hoping
that one of the Sybase EBFs will eventually fix the problem.

Thanks,

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Apr 02 2011)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/