[egenix-users] How do you develop on Mac OS

Charlie Clark charlie at egenix.com
Fri Nov 12 14:05:40 CET 2010

Dear all,

while working on mxODBC for Mac OS X we've come across a couple of stumbling
blocks and we'd like your help in setting up the eGenix Mac OS build
environment. Unfortunately due some of the hacks by Apple on Python 2.6 for
Mac OS Snow Leopard it doesn't play nicely with other Pythons such as the
provided by MacPorts which I use for my own projects. My experience has been
to use MacPorts or some other "ports" like service (Brew or Fink are
alternatives) to keep my libraries up to date. But we'd like to know your
experiences and preferences so that we can tailor our releases to suit them.

Thanks for your help

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark