[egenix-users] Windows 7 64bit

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Sat May 29 13:48:39 CEST 2010

Rogerio Luz Coelho wrote:
> Is there any way to install egenix on a Windows7 64bit?

Which product are you referring to ?

> I am trying and I get some kind of error.

We currently only provide binaries for 32-bit Windows systems,
but are looking into adding 64-bit binaries as well, now that the
64-bit Windows world has stabilized somewhat.

If you run a 32-bit Python on the 64-bit OS, you can use our 32-bit
prebuilt archives and eggs.

If you are using ODBC, then this is still a more practical setup on
Windows, than going for full 64-bit setups - the reason is that
64-bit ODBC drivers are not yet readily available for Windows or
not of the quality of the 32-bit ones.

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, May 29 2010)
2010-07-19: EuroPython 2010, Birmingham, UK                50 days to go

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/