[egenix-users] Using mxodbc ZopeDA 1.0.X on Snow leopard?

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Wed Mar 24 14:35:44 CET 2010

Fred van Dijk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to get one of our Plone 3 systems where we use the
> mxODBC zope da to run on a Snow Leopard system, but I'm out of luck
> with the
> prebuilt binaries that can be downloaded.
>
> Main issue is that on 64bit enabled systems it's almost impossible to
> compile a 32bit python release. Last year when OS X 10.6 snow leopard
> was released there have been a number of issues getting correct python
> 2.4 support. In the Plone community there's a special buildout that
> compiles and patches
> pythons 2.4/2.5 and 2.6 from source to get everything running. But
> these are 64bit.  That buildout is here:
> http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/buildout/python
>
> Would it be possible to compile and elease an mxODBC zopeDA prebuilt
> for python2.4 and zope 2.10.X on Snow Leopard for 64bit?

As Charlie already mentioned, we've been working on a new Zope
release in recent months. The GA release was today:

http://www.egenix.com/company/news/eGenix-mxODBC-Zope-DA-2.0.0-GA.html

While this may work with Zope 2.10, we have so far only tested it
with Zope 2.12 and its new egg-based installation approach.

Note that we only support Python 2.6 on Mac OS X 10.6, since Python
2.5 has some serious issues on 64-bit Macs, both in getting it
configured and with the distutils version that comes with it.

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Mar 24 2010)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/