[egenix-users] Using mxodbc ZopeDA 1.0.X on Snow leopard?

Fred van Dijk fredvd at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 16:51:39 CET 2010

Hi,

I've been trying to get one of our Plone 3 systems where we use the
mxODBC zope da to run on a Snow Leopard system, but I'm out of luck
with the
prebuilt binaries that can be downloaded.

Main issue is that on 64bit enabled systems it's almost impossible to
compile a 32bit python release. Last year when OS X 10.6 snow leopard
was released there have been a number of issues getting correct python
2.4 support. In the Plone community there's a special buildout that
compiles and patches
pythons 2.4/2.5 and 2.6 from source to get everything running. But
these are 64bit.  That buildout is here:
http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/buildout/python

Would it be possible to compile and elease an mxODBC zopeDA prebuilt
for python2.4 and zope 2.10.X on Snow Leopard for 64bit?

With kind regards

Fred van Dijk
--
Zest Software