[egenix-users] segfault in mxte_impl.h on tag()

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Tue Mar 16 10:44:42 CET 2010

M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> Ivan Beschastnikh wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm attempting to run tag() on a string that has 1314211 chars in it
>> (~1.3MB). The same program works fine on other relatively large
>> strings, although they probably don't have as bad a structure as this
>> particular string.
>>
>> Running the python program with gdb I'm getting:

>> 0xb7d17d2f in mxTextTools_TaggingEngine (textobj=0xb6b99008,
>> sliceleft=422374, sliceright=1314211, table=0x84c97f0,
>> taglist=0x85aa5cc, context=0x0, next=0xbf6ca178) at
>> mx/TextTools/mxTextTools/mxte_impl.h:62
>>

>> Is the string too long, or is something else the culprit here?
>>
>> Attached is tagit.tar.gz which includes tagit.py. You can run it to
>> reproduce the segfault.
>
> Thanks for reporting the problem. We will open a ticket for it
> and try to reproduce it.
>
> Regarding the size of the string: This is unlikely a problem, since
> mxTextTools can easily handle several GB of text.

So far, we've had one run with a segfault. All others (without
shell limits) completed without problems.

Unfortunately, that one run with the segfault did not generate
a core dump, so we'll have to keep on trying.

It's possible that the stack size limit is causing the core dump.

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Mar 16 2010)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/