[egenix-users] Windows 7 64bit

Rogerio Luz Coelho rogluz.news at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 13:53:05 CEST 2010

Em Sáb, 2010-05-29 às 12:48 +0200, M.-A. Lemburg escreveu:
> Rogerio Luz Coelho wrote:
> > Is there any way to install egenix on a Windows7 64bit?
>
> Which product are you referring to ?
>
> > I am trying and I get some kind of error.
>
> We currently only provide binaries for 32-bit Windows systems,
> but are looking into adding 64-bit binaries as well, now that the
> 64-bit Windows world has stabilized somewhat.
>
> If you run a 32-bit Python on the 64-bit OS, you can use our 32-bit
> prebuilt archives and eggs.

Thanks for the reply ... that was exactly what I did, it is now working
like a charm on a Win 7 64bit with Python 32bit

Just for future reference: the new Windows 2008 R2 server will ONLY ship
in 64bit flavors, if the server side is of any concern on your part (I
really can't see how it would... but, hey,  you guys are the devs ;) the
64bit would be nice (since Python has 64bit compatibility now).

Thanks again for the amazing packages ... keep up the good work!

Rogerio