[egenix-users] egenix-mx-base 3.1.3 on Ubuntu 9.10

Tim Cook timothywayne.cook at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 18:24:51 CET 2010

Hi Marc-Andre,
Thanks for the prompt reply.

On Mon, 2010-01-04 at 20:10 +0100, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

> Which version of Python and setuptools are you using ?

Python 2.6.4 and Python 2.6.2 depending on the developer.
Everyone gets the same pinned version of setuptools:
setuptools = 0.6c11

> > Could you please "unhide" version 3.1.2 on Pypi until the issue is
> > resolved?  http://wiki.python.org/moin/CheeseShopTutorial This way I can
> > pin the version to 3.1.2
>
> This we'd rather not do, since 3.1.2 and previous versions have
> a serious bug in mxBeeBase on Mac OS X and BSD platforms.

Hmmm, okay.

> All of the above are compiler warnings, so I guess the problem
> has something to do with setuptools...

Okay.  Any ideas?
We do have a temporary work around right now by unzipping the downloaded
file (from the egenix website) into the virtual environment and then
using setup.py install to put it inside the project.  however this is
kind of ugly compared to getting an egg automatically. :-)

Thanks,
--Tim

Timothy Cook, MSc

Skype ID == (upon request)
Academic.Edu Profile: http://uff.academia.edu/TimothyCook

You may get my Public GPG key from  popular keyservers or
from this link http://timothywayne.cook.googlepages.com/home