[egenix-users] egenix-mx-base 3.1.3 on Ubuntu 9.10

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Mon Jan 4 20:10:40 CET 2010

Tim Cook wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have an open source project ( https://launchpad.net/oship ) where I am
> using egenix-mx-base.
>
> I happened to install (using buildout) 3.1.2 to begin experimenting with
> it, especially the DateTime functionality.
>
> During this time 3.1.3 was published and the other developers are now
> unable to install egenix-mx-base
>
> In fact, after some experimentation; I cannot install 3.1.3 either.
> While the team uses a mixture of platforms and OSs.  We do know that
> both 32 bit and AMD64 bit machines using Ubuntu 9.10 all receive
> (essentially) the same traceback (see below).

Which version of Python and setuptools are you using ?

> Could you please "unhide" version 3.1.2 on Pypi until the issue is
> resolved?  http://wiki.python.org/moin/CheeseShopTutorial This way I can
> pin the version to 3.1.2

This we'd rather not do, since 3.1.2 and previous versions have
a serious bug in mxBeeBase on Mac OS X and BSD platforms.

> "Exposing Multiple Releases
> When a new release of a package is submitted to the Package Index, all
> previous releases of that package are hidden from the display. This
> means that listings and searches will no longer find those releases.
>
> You may use the package admin interface to un-hide releases. This may be
> useful if you have both a stable and a development release active at the
> same time. These will be hidden again on the next submission of
> meta-data."

> Installing app.
> Getting distribution for 'egenix-mx-base'.
> In file included from mx/TextTools/mxTextTools/mxte.c:42:
> mx/TextTools/mxTextTools/mxte_impl.h: In function
> ‘mxTextTools_TaggingEngine’:
> mx/TextTools/mxTextTools/mxte_impl.h:345: warning: pointer targets in
> initialization differ in signedness
> mx/TextTools/mxTextTools/mxte_impl.h:364: warning: pointer targets in
> initialization differ in signedness
> mx/BeeBase/mxBeeBase/btr.c:269: warning: ‘dumpNode’ defined but not used
> mx/URL/mxURL/mxURL.c: In function ‘mxURL_SetFromString’:
> mx/URL/mxURL/mxURL.c:676: warning: pointer targets in initialization
> differ in signedness
> mx/UID/mxUID/mxUID.c: In function ‘mxUID_Verify’:
> mx/UID/mxUID/mxUID.c:333: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1
> of ‘sscanf’ differ in signedness
> /usr/include/stdio.h:415: note: expected ‘const char * __restrict__’ but
> argument is of type ‘unsigned char *’
> mx/UID/mxUID/mxUID.c: In function ‘mxUID_New’:
> mx/UID/mxUID/mxUID.c:462: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1
> of ‘mxUID_CRC16’ differ in signedness
> mx/UID/mxUID/mxUID.c:199: note: expected ‘unsigned char *’ but argument
> is of type ‘char *’
> In file included from /usr/include/string.h:640,
>                  from /usr/include/python2.6/Python.h:38,
>                  from mx/UID/mxUID/mx.h:66,
>                  from mx/UID/mxUID/mxUID.c:27:
> In function ‘memset’,
>     inlined from ‘mxUID_Fold’ at mx/UID/mxUID/mxUID.c:239,
>     inlined from ‘mxUID_fold’ at mx/UID/mxUID/mxUID.c:630:
> /usr/include/bits/string3.h:82: warning: call to
> ‘__warn_memset_zero_len’ declared with attribute warning: memset used
> with constant zero length parameter; this could be due to transposed
> parameters

All of the above are compiler warnings, so I guess the problem
has something to do with setuptools...

> error: Setup script exited with error:
> build/bdist.linux-x86_64-py2.6_ucs4/dumb/egenix_mx_base-3.1.3-py2.6.egg-info: Is a directory
> An error occured when trying to install egenix-mx-base 3.1.3. Look above
> this message for any errors that were output by easy_install.
> While:
>   Installing app.
>   Getting distribution for 'egenix-mx-base'.
> Error: Couldn't install: egenix-mx-base 3.1.3

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jan 04 2010)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/